Reopening of the Laurel Museum + Bowie Baysox 4th of July celebration
Get up, Laurel! Here’s everything you need to know to get a good start on Thursday.
First, the weather forecast for the day: Rain beginning in the afternoon. High: 85 Low: 67.
Here are the three best Laurel stories today:
- At June 29, 2021 around 9:52 p.m. on victim of a carjacking parked in the area of 3400 block from Laurel Fort Meade Road to Laurier. Two suspects jumped out of their vehicle and both pointed handguns at the victim, demanding his car keys and wallet. The victim gave them both and the suspect then fled in the victim’s vehicle, a 2020 Chevrolet Malibu. The victim was not injured in the incident and was unable to provide a description of the suspects. West District Detectives are investigate and ask anyone with information contact 410-222-6155 or the Tip line at 410-222-4700. (Anne Arundel County)
- After Laurier Museum stayed closed for 15 months, it’s now reopening! Events that changed the life of 2020 had the Staff collection and document the historical year to create and enrich the museum exhibitions. Anne Bennett, executive director of Laurel Historical Society, said they now have two large screens: “Response to COVID‘and’Social justice in Laurel. ‘ Handwritten panels, a collection of face masks, and numerous photographs tell the story of Laurel’s final year. (Baltimore Sun)
- the Bowie Baysox will welcome the “Star Spangled 4th of July concert and fireworks“at 7 p.m. on Sunday at Prince George Stadium. The event will feature a live concert through DC fusion and after-concert Independence day fireworks. Tickets can be ordered online at baysox.com, by calling the ticket office at 301-464-4865 or stop between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. now until Friday. (Baltimore Sun)
Today’s Laurel Daily is brought to you by our friends at FTD, the most trusted name in flowers. FTD’s network includes more than 8,800 local florists in communities across the country. Send flowers to someone you love today and get 15% off your order. Click here to make someone feel good.
Today at Laurier
- Summer concert series (7:00 p.m.)
- Laurel Dutch Country Farmers Market – Located at 9701 Fort Meade Road, the market is open. (9 a.m. to 6 p.m.)
- Outdoor Ready Story Time 2 Read for ages 3 to 5 – Enjoy an outdoor story hour in the library yard reading books, singing songs and nursery rhymes! Face masks and physical distancing are mandatory for all participants over two years old. (10:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.)
- Now hiring certified caregivers (1 p.m. to 3 p.m.)
- Public food distribution (10 a.m. to 1 p.m.)
- Town of Laurel – Government: “#ICYMI: Due to the rain and flooding that has occurred in Riverfront Park over the years, part of the path and r …” (Facebook)
- Town of Laurel – Government: “Be prepared for traffic delays in Laurel on July 3, 2021. Mayor Moe wants to warn residents and those who pl …” (Facebook)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
- Free Estate Planning and Life Trust Workshop Live Q&A Friday at 3 p.m. (July 2)
- WaterKeepers Chesapeake Concert (July 3)
- Hip Hop Xtreme with Dréa (July 8)
- Evening between parents: painting evening in pajamas (July 16)
That’s all for today! See you soon.
– Alexis Göring
About me: My name is Alexis A. Goring. I am a resident of the Bowie area with a pulse for people, news and reporting! I worked as a freelance writer / editor / proofreader in the media industry for 15 years. I am also a published author, experienced blogger, and the founder of Writer at Heart Editorial Services. Visit my website for more details about me and my work. Here is the link: https://alexisagoring.jimdofree.com.
Got a tip or suggestion for an upcoming Laurel Daily? Email all inquiries to me at [email protected]